- “So, when McCain blasts the role of lobbyists in the political process, he’s only talking about the bad lobbyists (the ones he doesn’t like); not the good lobbyists (the ones who give him money and run his campaign operation).”
- It will be interesting to hear the Mayor’s budget recommendations tomorrow. Meanwhile, the Kansas City Post has some interesting ideas for bringing in more money as an alternative to spending cuts.
- Noodletown (one of a surprising number of Kansas City food blogs and my personal favorite) takes on mama food this week, with a reprint of an Ina Garten recipe for macaroni & cheese. Every once in awhile I try a new mac & cheese recipe, but have yet to find one that knocks my socks off. But I trust the Barefoot Contessa & I trust Sara at Noodletown, so it looks like I’ll be cooking mac & cheese this weekend.
- Even Grade A, Class One, Prime Cut assholes have the right to free speech.
- I’m glad I don’t live in Kansas, because I don’t have room in my pants for Phil Kline, what with my massive junk and all.