Bought a Dyson Slim. The phrase ‘sucks like a Hoover’ should immediately be replaced with ‘sucks like a Dyson.’ This is probably the most well-designed thing we’ve ever owned. Even the box is a marvel of invention.
Hung a print I bought & framed. The artist, James Amerson, took pictures of drag queens during Mardi Gras & Southern Decadence, painted portraits from the photos and auctioned the portraits to benefit Habitat for Humanity. Now he’s selling prints. This is Fonzie Martini and she has pride of place in our dining room, just above the liquor cabinet.
I had brunch at Avenues Bistro with Leigh Anne & Joe. Wow. This place is good and provides a cheap brunch. For $12.95, you get your choice of a couple dozen entrees and as many trips to the brunch buffet as you like. The buffet is divided between an antipasto section consisting of various meats, cheeses and pickled vegetables and a section of cold salads & various breads and pastries. We had 10am reservations but didn’t need them, though it was beginning to fill up when we left shortly after 11. Of course, people were standing 10 deep outside of Sharp’s. If you’re a Sharp’s Sunday devotee, save yourself some wait time and a mediocre meal and make a reservation up the street. The food & service are way-betta.
CNN, always helpful, tells us what will kill us today. Do you know where your children are?
Also, it’s an imported Mexican pepper. Not only are they invading our country, taking our high-paying landscaping jobs, and enciting our women to turn to lustful & immoral ways, now they’re trying to kill us through our love of delicious fresh salsas. Brown devils!
I lifted this idea from Logtar.
* Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess. Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.
* Leave guesses in the comments.
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions. Don’t cheat, suckas!
* Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies. Patterson, this means you.
- “I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.” (Steel Magnolias, KMC)
- “Get me a bromide – and put some gin in it!”
- “You know friend, this is a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.” (Brokeback Mountain, Sarah)
- “Bill’s thirty-two. He looks thirty-two. He looked it five years ago, he’ll look it twenty years from now. I hate men.”
- “It’s like the time you set that boat on fire and watched those Haitians panic. Oh wait, that was me… The point is, you’re a racist.”
- “This man out of absolutely nowhere, this man appeared. Heh! So charming. Not really handsome, but… riveting. Yes, that’s the word. I was riveted. I was looking into his eyes, and I found myself thinking thoughts I hadn’t entertained since World War II. I think I actually… blushed.”
- “AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.” (Jackie Brown, Sarah)
- “There never was an Aaron, counselor.” (Primal Fear Sarah)
- “Oh Felicia. Where the fuck are we?” (The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, KMC)
- “The people of this nation can stomach quite a bit. But the one thing they can’t stomach is the image of a vice president with a mouthful of cock.” (The Contender, Sarah)
- “Nothing like the first puke of the day. Martini?”
- “There’s a difference between like and love. Because, I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpack.” (10 Things I Hate About You, Cameron)
- “Oh, it is not. My grandmother had the utmost respect for the Jewish community. When I was a kid she told me to always treat the Jewish kids well, or they’d put the sheeny curse on me.” (Clerks 2)
- “Oh, would we visit you and sit in your gorgeous house, planning visits to the townships, demanding to see the poorest of the poor? “Oh, are you sure they’re the worst off? I mean, we’ve come all this way. I mean, we don’t want to see people just mildly victimized by apartheid. We demand shock.” You know it doesn’t seem right, sitting on the East Side, talking about revolution.”
- “And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us… to buy American.”
I hate that goddamn Mac Air commercial. I have to stop whatever I’m doing and sing along. Every single time.
The Work delivered a one-two nut punch Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Read some stuff I found interesting today.