- Sean Tevis is running for a seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, and his website is pretty cool. Definitely worth a checkout and $8.34.
- Did you know the Department of Health & Human Services is proposing a rules change allowing any federal grant recipient to prevent women’s access to contraception? Me neither. Isn’t fundie philosophy awesome?
- Holocaust siblings reunite after 66 years apart.
July 17, 2008
April 9, 2008
Aside from giving overweight white suburban men something to do during breaks from defaulting on their mortgages and hitting on adolescent girls online, collegiate sports have provided us with some of our finest car salesmen and most upstanding middle managers. Congratulations, KU. I couldn’t pick any of the Jayhawks out of a lineup if my life depended on it and I can’t say I’ve ever watched a college- or pro-basketball game on the television machine or in person, but I have to applaud anything that can pull management out of my ass at The Work for more than 10 minutes at a stretch. So hurray!
March 26, 2008
- Is 151st & Plowed Ground urban now? Try not building a 6-bedroom house in the middle of a fallow field. Or putting a leash on Spot and walking him around the block (do they have sidewalks and blocks out there?). Or actually stepping out into the back yard with him. Watching the dog take a dump while reflecting on the day can be very relaxing.
- I’ve never met Deb Hipp, but I understand from folks who have had the pleasure, that she packs a phenomenal amount of crazy into a fairly small package. She’s like a dog with a bone over this whole dog park thing. I guess she has the time. Personally I find dog parks to be a nerve-wracking experience. It’s not that I don’t trust my dogs to behave; I do. They’re awesome dogs. It’s just that your dogs suck. They’re aggessive, unsocialized, ill-behaved and generally awful, but it’s not their fault. It’s yours.
- And to round it all out, here’s a Kansas perv sentenced for sex with a dog. Ew.
March 13, 2008
An unidentified woman from Ness City, Kansas sat on the toilet for two years. Two years. She sat there so long her ass was physically attached to the toilet seat and it was still attached to her when she was wheeled into the hospital. It was finally removed by medical professionals. Her boyfriend took her food and water every day and asked her if she’d like come out of the bathroom. “Maybe tomorrow.” After waiting for an appropriate amount of time, he finally decided to summon the police. Two years.
March 6, 2008
- Charity begins at Lexington & Brooklyn. This city’s residents usually step up and make things right. It would be nice if the mayor & city council could maybe focus a bit on preventing the crimes like this from happening in the first place.
- Kansas folks tell anti-choice wingnuts to leave them the hell alone. It’s cool when Kansas sucks a little less.
- What the hell did Lynn Horsley do?! My money’s on Deann Smith. If true, would anyone be shocked to discover a Certain Shoeless Doula is at the bottom of it all?